What's New (Student Information Online)?
portions brought to you by the Student Technology Fee
Feb 22 1999
Nov 17 1998
- Continuing students at the Columbia campus may apply for campus
housing (only available during the official signup period).
- Your name is now displayed on the pages by default.
Oct 12 1998
- If you have sufficient financial aid or an authorized bank account,
you may pay your fees online. The old fees/tuition screen has been
modified to reflect this new functionality.
- The status (available or pending) of your financial aid awards
can be viewed.
- The "Housing Assignment" option shows permanent phone numbers,
if available, for roommates.
- The site is now Year 2000-compliant. You may choose years
in the 21st century where required.
Jul 17 1998
- You can now sign up for optional fees such as meal plans and
health insurance. This option is found under the "Financial" menu.
May 12 1998
- The Mainframe Computer Account Administration (MCAA) service is now
available. MCAA allows you to request a mainframe user ID, reset your
mainframe password, or see if you have an existing mainframe user ID.
Apr 28 1998
- We have created a page that explains how and where to direct your
questions or comments about this service.
Mar 9 1998
- When you login to the service, you are now given an option
to personalize the pages with your name.
- The grade report page has been enhanced to provide more
explanation about grade abbreviations.
Jan 27 1998
- If you live in on-campus housing, you may now check your
Housing Assignment from the "Personal" menu.
Dec 19 1997
- A problem we were experiencing with the updating of personal
data has been fixed. You may once again update personal data.
Oct 27 1997
- We now have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for
Student Information Online.
Sep 23 1997
- Course registration and an unofficial transcript option are
available under the "Academics" menu.
- The schedule table now includes a grade column so that
withdrawn courses are more easily identified.
Jul 3 1997
- You can now modify your entry in the USC Online Directory
through Student Information Online.
Jun 2 1997
- Financial aid information is now available online. Once you
login, go to the "Financial" menu to view your financial
aid application status or awards.
May 30 1997
- Fixed incompatibility with the America Online browser.
Mar 22 1997
- Many of the pages have been redesigned in order to make them
easier to navigate as we add more services. We welcome
feedback on this new look and organization.
- A secure server option is now available. If your web browser
supports the secure protocol, your data will now be encrypted
as it is transmitted back and forth between the web server and
Jan 14 1997
- Much of the query engine for Student Information Online has
been rewritten to improve performance and robustness. If you
notice anything strange, please e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the problem.
- A limitation in viewing schedules or grade reports
with a large number of classes has been fixed. If you have had
problems accessing your schedule or grades in the past, please
Dec 6 1996
- Session dates for Spring 1997 are available by selecting a
session name from your class schedule.
Nov 15 1996
- New logo.
- Updated the "About Student Information Online" page.
- Added "Credits" page.
Oct 29 1996
- The "Grade Report" page has been redesigned to show more grade
information. Also, completed dates and grades for incomplete courses
should now be displayed correctly.
- The "Exam Schedule" option will show you the dates and times
of your exams.
Oct 17 1996
- Use the new "Graphical Schedule" option to view a graphical
layout of your class schedule.
- Building abbreviations in the class schedule are now linked
to the new USCMap pages.
- Miscellaneous performance improvements and bug fixes.
Oct 8 1996
- A problem has been fixed in the form that allows you
to update your personal data. If you live on-campus and
have experienced errors in the past when trying to update
your personal data, please try again.
Sep 18 1996
- You can now check your scheduled appointment time for
such activities as registration with the "Appointment Times"
Sep 4 1996
- A "Change PIN" option has been added for online updating of personal
Aug 15 1996
- You can now directly update your personal data via an online form.
- The "Fees/Tuition" option is available.
- Pages for "What's New?" and "About Student Information
Online" have been added.
- Student Information Online is introduced for USC students to
view their schedule, grades, and personal data.
This page last modified on Jan 7 2000 by the USC
Internet Solutions Group.
Copyright © 2000 by the Board of Trustees of the
University of South Carolina.